The heart of Mar Vista, Venice Boulevard offers a special blend of local retail and community-serving uses, including unique coffee shops and restaurants, art and architecture studios, salons and spas, bike shops and books, and other creative and vital businesses. Every Sunday, the Mar Vista Farmers Market brings hundreds of Angelenos from all over the Westside to this sunny stretch of Venice Blvd. The Great Streets Initiative on Venice Boulevard will enhance the community's infrastructure and help create an even more accessible pedestrian and bicycle environment, making this friendly street even friendlier.
GREAT STREETS INVESTMENTS
- Installed Mar Vista Great Street streetlight banners
- Conducted proactive sidewalk and tree well maintenance
- Hosted a pop-up demonstration parklet at CicLAvia
- Installed 14 new bike racks
- Deployed 13 new trash and recycling recepticles
- Initiated weekly overnight street sweeping
- Installed solar powered Soofa bench and 2 signal cabinet murals
- Awarded $20,000 in Challenge Grant funding for Make It Mar Vista, a one-day event that showcased small businesses, the arts, and public spaces.
- Funded the Mar Vista Art Walk through the Arts Activation Fund through a partnership with the Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs
Venice Boulevard Story map
To navigate, click the footer to enlarge, click "Map" to return to map
Venice boulevard partners
Do you live on this street? Click here to get involved, or contact
Mar Vista Community Council